From the Cummings Friends and Family Cooking Series
- 4-5 Matzos
- 1 C unsalted butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1 C toppings of your choice
- 1/2 tspn sea salt flakes or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and parchment paper
- Place matzoh in baking pan piecing them together to fill all the space
- Place butter and brown sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil stirring constantly
- Once it comes to a boil continue to whisk for another 3 minutes until thick and foamy
- Pour mixture over the matzos as evenly as possible. Use a spreader to cover all the matzos
- Bake matzos covered with caramel for 10-12 minutes until the mixture bubbles
- As soon as the mixture comes out of the oven sprinkle with chocolate chips. After a few minutes chocolate will melt from the heat of the caramel
- Spread chocolate over the matzohs as evenly as possible
- Chill in fridge until chocolate and caramel are set
- Once its cool either cut into pieces or break into uneven pieces. Freezes well
– From the Kitchen of Michelle Lander and the ITC Committee
The Cummings Centre’s mission is to empower and enhance the quality of life of adults age 50 and over by providing dynamic and innovative programs, social services, and volunteer opportunities in a vibrant, respectful, inclusive and compassionate environment. Building on its Jewish heritage, Cummings embraces people from all ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
As the hub of Montreal’s 50+ community, the Centre touches the lives of 10,000 people on an annual basis. In addition to its main campus at 5700 Westbury Avenue in Montreal, programs are offered at several off-site locations including the West Island, Cote Saint-Luc, St.Laurent, Westmount, Chomedey and Florida.
For more information, please contact us by phone at 514-343-3510, online at www.cummingscentre.org or in person at 5700 Westbury Avenue.