Volunteering offers a space in which to gain new skills, connect with new people, experience something different, and give back to the community.
It can also enable you to affirm or explore your own passions. A bonus is that it might even have a professional payoff thanks to increased skills or opportunities through your new network.
GAIN NEW SKILLS! ENHANCE EXISTING ONES!
Volunteering also offers a way to re-connect with the working world after a break or retirement, and an opportunity to expand your existing talents.
There is a huge range of skills you can acquire through volunteering, starting with:
- the ability to work in a team
- Problem solving and adaptability
- Communicating with clients and stakeholders
- The ability to plan and prioritize work
- Time management
- Improved interpersonal skills