FAQ & POLICIES
The Cummings Centre’s mission is to empower and enhance the quality of life of adults age 50 and over by providing dynamic and innovative programs, social services, and volunteer opportunities in a vibrant, respectful, inclusive and compassionate environment. Building on its Jewish heritage, Cummings embraces people from all ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
Have you received your copy of the new Guide? Have our new Guide mailed to you at home or view it online!
- Online: Go to www.cummingescentre.org
- Over the phone: Call Registration 514.342.1234 local 7365
- In person: 5700 Westbury Avenue*, Montreal H3W 3E8
- By mail: Send in your renewal form to 5700 Westbury Ave. Montreal (Quebec) H3W 3E8
*West Island residents and participants can register at 96 Roger Pilon or call 514.624.5005 local 231.
Monday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Tuesday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Wednesday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Thursday 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Cummings Centre is a membership-based organization. Courses require an updated membership.
We welcome guests. Non-members can register as a guest for designated events at the non-member rate.
An annual membership fee of:
- • $45/year gives you access to the main campus of Westbury and all off-site locations
- • $25/year gives you access to one of the following off-campus sites: Florida, West Island, Westmount, Saint-Laurent or Chomedey.
Sign-up to our newsletter at the bottom of this page to know about our specials and our promotions.
If you’re a Governor, please contact us at 514.342.1234 for more information.
You can pay by cheque, cash, Visa, Mastercard or debit card at our Westbury location.
Yes. Non-members can register as a guest for designated events at the non-member rate.
Membership year runs:
- from September 1st of the current year
- until August 31st of the next year.
You can register and become a member at any time during the year.
All participants are required to register for programs in advance.
Should you decide to join a course on the day it begins, please call ahead to confirm that the course is running and there is space available.
Select programs are transferable. These are one time only events such as a special event, lecture or concert. All holders of such a ticket must identify themselves to staff in order to attend the function.
If you choose to withdraw from a class a $5 administrative fee will be applied if you withdraw from a course at least 10 business days prior to the first session.
You may leave the course fees, as a credit, in the system and apply them to any course, workshop or event at any time with an active membership.
Full refunds will be given only if a course or program is cancelled by the Cummings Centre.
When you withdraw from a course:
- • Minimum $5 administration fee will be charged when you withdraw ten working days prior to the first session unless the fees remain in the system as a credit.
- • Ten working days or less prior to the first class there will be – 50% refund or 50% credit.
There is no refund or credit on:
- • one-time events or workshops,
- • courses two sessions or less,
- • class extensions
- • after the course has started
- • or day trips.
A doctor’s note is required if a member wishes to withdraw due to medical circumstances.
Yes. The Cummings Centre offers limited indoor parking at a cost of $5 (available on a first come first served basis).
Monday to Thursday 8 am – 3:30 pm
Friday 8 am – 2 pm
Yes. We have transportation available if you’re having trouble getting here. Call 514.342.1234 local 7242.
Yes, we offer subsidies. The Cummings Centre will not turn anyone away because of an inability to pay. Subsidies for courses and social services may be available based on specific criteria and an evaluation.
For more information call:
Membership & Program Department
- • Nicole Sebag at 514.734.1762
- • Melinda Pardillo at 514.734.1751
Social Services Department
- • Intake at 514.342.1234