LIFE CHANGING MOMENTS MADE POSSIBLE!
By volunteering your time and sharing your expertise, you will help provide stimulating and interactive activities, educational opportunities and services to seniors. You can find meaningful and fulfilling ways to make a difference in someone’s life!
Choose from our diverse and flexible volunteer opportunities, offered in person and virtually.
IN-PERSON VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Adapted Exercise
- Boxing Group
- Café Soleil
- Drivers/ Deliverers for Meals On Wheels
- Fine Arts/ Crafts
- Francophone Social Club
- Greeters/ Tour Guides
- Intergenerational projects
- LEDA West Island and Montreal (Leadership program for Secondary IV students)
- Tech Support in Lounge
- Welcome and Information
- Wellness Exercise
- Volunteer Outreach
VOLUNTEER VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Advocacy / Social Action (Ask the Expert)
- Event Callers
- Event Planning
- Care Calls
- Committee Work: Learning and Development, Social Action, Leadership Development, Volunteer Appreciation
- C2U (Bringing Cummings’ programming to residences and organizations)
- Intergenerational Pen Pals
- Tech Support
- Travel Club Committee
To get involved or for more information, please contact Lynn Gordon, Director of Volunteer Services at 514.734.1791 or [email protected]
The Cummings Centre promotes intergenerational volunteering as a way for seniors and youth to connect and learn from one another. The Rooftop Garden, Holiday Baking and Pen Pals projects are just three examples of enriching experiences. Call Marcie Scheim at 514.734.1734.
Volunteer Tech Support
Provides technical support and training on Zoom, how to access the Cummings Virtual Library and more. For assistance or to get involved call Marcie 514.734.1734 or email [email protected]
Policies for Safety Measures:
- Volunteers, participants, visitors and staff are required to wear masks at all times when dealing with the public.
- The Vaccine Passport is no longer required as per Quebec Public Health guidelines, for members and visitors. Visitors to the building will be required to answer a short questionnaire adhering to CNESST* guidelines for entry into the building. Please note that these guidelines are constantly changing.
*CNESST – Commission on workplace standards, fairness, health, and safety)