LIFE CHANGING MOMENTS MADE POSSIBLE!
By volunteering your time and sharing your expertise, you will help provide stimulating and interactive activities, educational opportunities and services to seniors.
You can find meaningful and fulfilling ways to make a difference in someone’s life!
Choose from our diverse and flexible volunteer opportunities, offered in person and virtually.
SHARE YOUR TIME WITH US THIS WINTER!
We are looking for volunteers to fill our vital winter needs:
- Meals on Wheels
- Adapted Exercise Buddies
- Care Callers / Reminder calls for programs
VOLUNTEER VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITIES
- Care Calls
- Committees for Volunteer Orientation, Training and Appreciation
- Registration / Customer Service
- Event Planning
- Intergenerational Projects
- Leadership Development
- Outreach for Partnerships
- Pen pals with students
- Tech Support
IN-PERSON VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Adapted Exercise
- Art / Crafts
- Drivers / Deliverers for Meals On Wheels
- Francophone Social Club
- Greeters / Tour Guides
- Maitre’ D
- Programning Assistant
- Tech Support
- Welcome and Information
- Wellness Exercise
To get involved or for more information, please contact Lynn Gordon, Director of Volunteer Services at 514.734.1791 or [email protected]
Intergenerational Volunteering Projects – The Cummings Centre promotes intergenerational volunteering as a way for seniors and youth to connect and learn from one another. The Roof Top Garden and Cookbook projects are just two examples of enriching experiences. Call Marcie Scheim at 514.734.1734.
Volunteer Tech Support – Provides technical support and training on Zoom, how to access the Cummings Virtual Library and more. For assistance or to get involved call Marcie 514.734.1734 or email [email protected]
Policies for Safety Measures:
- Volunteers, participants, visitors and staff are required to wear masks at all times when dealing with the public.
- The Vaccine Passport is no longer required as per Quebec Public Health guidelines, for members and visitors. Visitors to the building will be required to answer a short questionnaire adhering to CNESST* guidelines for entry into the building. Please note that these guidelines are constantly changing.
*CNESST – Commission on workplace standards, fairness, health, and safety)